The Pro-Midifile is distinguished mainly by the fact that there are adaptations to specific devices.
The specifications in detail
- GM (General Midi – Standard for all devices)
- GS (Roland™ Standard format)
- XG (Yamaha™ Standard format)
- Yamaha™ Tyros [No longer supported since 12/2010: Format fallback to XF]
- Yamaha™ Tyros2 [No longer supported since 12/2013: Format fallback to XF]
- Yamaha™ Tyros3
- Yamaha™ Tyros4
- Yamaha™ Tyros5
- Korg™ Pa-Series
Adaptations are treated during purchase process like a sound format.
Ch 2: Bass
Ch 3: A rhythm instument (for example Guitar / Piano)
Ch 4: melody (If original song has human voice it'll be replaced by a suitable intrument)
Ch 5: Second voice / choir / harmony voice
Ch 10: Drums / Percussion
Ch 16: Vocal Harmony Chords (VH)
Unlisted Midi-channels are used as needed. Of course, channels are not or differently used, if the original (the original song) should not require a corresponding assignment.
Good to know
- XF chords are stored as META Events (VH) only in the format XF and the Adaptations metioned above.
- If the adaptations were made after mid / end of 2013 or the Midifile has generally been produced or revised after that period, the channel assignment for channel 16 applies for the Formats GM, GS and XG.