The specifications in detail
- GM (General Midi – Standard for all devices)
- GS (Roland™ Standard format)
- XG (Yamaha™ Standard format)
Ch 3: A rhythm instument (for example Guitar / Piano)
Ch 4: melody (If original song has human voice it'll be replaced by a suitable intrument)
Ch 5: Second voice / choir / harmony voice
Ch 10: Drums / Percussion
Ch 16: Vocal Harmony Chords (VH)
Unlisted Midi-channels are used as needed. Of course, channels are not or differently used, if the original (the original song) should not require a corresponding assignment.
Good to know
- Channel 5 can be used for a vocalist, but is not expressly arranged for it.
- Channel assignment for channel 16 applies only if the Midifile has generally been produced or revised in after mid / late 2013.